Liability Insurance Request
Please CLICK HERE
to submit request online at least one week in advance of your activity to allow for processing. Information needed to process: Unit type and number; date and time of activity; name of activity; physical address of location of event; 1-2 leaders names with phone numbers.
If you need additional assistance, please contact the council at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the increased volume the National Office suggests that you submit 21 days prior to your outing. A Flying Permit must be attached to the Tour and Activity Plan for outings that involved air travel.
ON LINE “Tour and Activity Plan”:
- Log in to www.myscouting.org THEN log in to your MyScouting account and select the tour and activity plan under your “Unit Tool”.
- Contact the National Service Desk for assistance at 972-580-2489, or the council office at 775-787-1111.
- Signatures are not required and the Tour Plan is delivered to the council electronically.
- If there are questions or issues with the Tour Plan you will receive an email, if there are no issues the Plan is approved.
What DOES NOT change:
- The Nevada Area Council policy requires that you file a Plan for every trip away from your regular meeting location.
- At least one person on every trip must have current (within 2 years) Youth Protection AND Planning and Preparing for Hazardous Weather training AND any other activity special training required.
- You must certify that you will have parent/guardian permission slips, have reviewed health forms, and are in possession of The Guide to Safe Scouting and other appropriate resources.
- The TOUR LEADER must be at least 21 years of age, registered as a member with BSA, and sign the form.
PAPER FORM: “Tour and Activity Plan” form. The paper form (#680-014) is an editable PDF form that can be saved on your computer. PDF version: www.scouting.org or www.scouter.org. You may submit PLANS in person, by fax at 775-787-1114 or by email to email@example.com No other paper form qualifies. You must complete ALL PARTS of the form. This form does have to be signed. It will be reviewed and approved by the council office and returned to the unit.
Packs, troops, teams, crews, ships, and posts can submit advancement reports for youth members online.
Use Internet Advancement for the following:
- Add ranks, merit badges, and awards
- Update information on existing advancements (excepting the Eagle Scout Rank)
To Use Internet Advancement:
- Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Obtain a unit ID code from the council.
- Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
- Click Internet Advancement on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
- Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files.
Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update unit and council statistics.
- my.Scouting - This is where you will find our online trainings, including:
- YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
- Leader position-specific training for:
- Cub Scouting
- Boy Scouting
- Sea Scouts
- Commissioner training
- Chartered Organization Representative training
- Supplemental training including:
- Weather Hazards
- Safe Swim Defense
- Safety Afloat
- Climb On Safety
- and more!
Awards to be presented at the Council Recognition Dinner each year. Return to council office Attn: Kathleen Eagan.